To Fight or Not to Fight

True Story:

The first fight I had with your Daddy was over something silly. I know it was silly because I don't remember what it was about. He got angry and left and I got angry and left and I ended up at the cometary. This is where my Mother always went when fighting with my Daddy and so that's where I went. It was brilliant. I wandered around staring at all the headstones - many of which were married couples buried side-by-side and I realized, none of them wished they'd stayed mad or regretted not 'winning' an argument. The evidence of death around me made our difference of opinion quite ridiculous. Lesson learned? Yes - I tracked him down and apologized and we were both thankful to kiss and make up (and kiss some more . . . man I love kissing him!).

So - if you find yourself in an argument that you're sure is worth the time and energy it's taking, think of dying and then apologize for your part of whatever is wrong!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a great post! I found your blog off of Julie Davis' blog (My sister in law) and clicked your blog to see more stunning photos you've taken and came upon this. Funny but it's true...my husband first told me he loved me in a cemetary!